Friday, September 18, 2009

Turtles???

This was just too funny for me not to say anything about right away. I know that I've been pretty lax with posting updates, but I will send a more informative update soon :)

To begin - pregnancy has certainly had an effect on my dreams lately. Not really nightmares, but very vivid dreams. The other night, I dreamt that I was going to give birth to turtles!! At first (in the dream), it wasn't such a big deal since the turtle eggs were in the ground and ready to hatch. All I had to do was sit on them to keep them warm. But then, things changed, and in addition to being pregnant with a baby, the turtle eggs somehow got into my belly, and were going to hatch before the baby was born. I couldn't understand how they would get out, but then someone told me that they would hatch and chew through my belly to escape. Great - fair enough. And for some reason, I had no problem with that :) I was just patiently waiting to give birth to my turtles, and also making plans to be near the water so that when they hatched, they could crawl away and live in the ocean. Too bad that I woke up before anything happened and they actually hatched. But I just remember being so excited (and confused) during the whole dream that I was going to have a baby AND give birth to turtles!

Hmmmm... I wonder what other hormone- or heartburn-induced dreams that I'll have in the next 8 weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment