Monday, August 31, 2009

Re-livin' the 80's...

Matt and I had such a fun night last Saturday - we went with some friends to see "The Legwarmers" in concert down in Baltimore. The Legwarmers are an 80's tribute band, and for all of you who know me, I'm a HUGE fan of 80's music, and am secretly waiting for the day when rolled up/pegged pants and penny loafers come back in style :) Everyone who goes to these concerts is decked out in full 80's attire - jean skirts, leggings, off the shoulder tops, blue eye shadow, high hair, teased bangs, fingerless lace gloves. Just imagine any Madonna video and you've got the picture. Even the guys are wearing their heavy metal t-shirts, 'Members Only' jackets, or pencil-thin white ties (think Miami Vice). Even the band is decked out! Well, I found out at the last minute that I would be able to go (I was literally in the car driving Matt to meet our friends since he was going, when I got a call that my original plans were cancelled). So, a quick phone call later, a last minute online ticket, and BAM - I'm going to the concert! I was just sad that I didn't have the chance to deck myself out in 80's attire :( I guess there's always next time. And believe me, I would have been rockin' the high hair and bangs!

So, we met our friends, went to dinner at the Babalu Grill in downtown B'more, then off to the concert at Rams Head Live. It was AWESOME!! The set list was great, and we were all screaming, dancing and singing along like we were in high school again. Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, the Go-Go's, Huey Lewis, Bryan Adams, AC/DC, Poison, Journey, Madonna - all the good ones. And they played for 2 1/2 hrs! It was so much fun! I can't wait until we can go again :)

I guess this would qualify too as the tadpole's first concert - at least the first one that she could likely hear :) She was just a kidney bean when I went to see New Kids on the Block in March. Don't make fun - it was actually a good concert! Anyway, the baby's ears are fully developed, and she can hear noises outside my belly now, so she also rocked out to the Legwarmers on Saturday. I could even feel her moving around too - I guess it was a mini dance party in there :) But I can definitely say that since none of her movements were on the beat, she is definitely a 'white girl', cuz everyone knows that white girls can't dance. Her mommy is living proof of that!

Now the running joke with Matt and I is that after the fun of her first 80's concert, the tadpole will not be a baby that is soothed by calm lullabies as she's going to sleep at night. She'll be better at falling asleep to Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar on Me", Bon Jovi's "Livin on a Prayer" or Madonna's "Material Girl". Ahhh.... that's my girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment