Thursday, October 1, 2009

My TOPS lists...

I thought I'd make a few lists of my TOP things about pregnancy. I'm sure that there are more things that could go on these lists, but here's a start...

Top things I enjoy about being pregnant:

1. MY BELLY - I love my belly. I hold on to it, rub lotion on it every morning, and even like to stare lovingly at it. Baby girl is in there! Even though it's big and gets in the way, I don't know how I'm going to react to it not being there when this is over :) I think I'll be very sad.
2. Chocolate milkshake cravings
3. My fingernails have grown! (A huge deal since I've been a nail biter ever since I've had teeth.)
4. Having a really good excuse to eat weird food combinations (e.g. PB&J sandwich with a side of sweet pickles; Blueberry Eggo waffles followed by Egg Drop Soup; chicken noodle soup and a chocolate chip bagel at Panera)
5. Having nice people hold doors open for me, or offer me their chairs in a packed conference room. While it's still not the southern hospitality I remember from TX, it's close :)


Things I don't enjoy about being pregnant (in no particular order):

1. Being out of breath going up one flight of steps.
2. Heartburn
3. Being so uncomfortable while sleeping.
4. Having to politely smile and nod when strangers give me their opinion on my pregnancy.
5. Mood swings (I'm sure Matt will love when those are gone too!)

Things I look forward to when I'm not pregnant anymore:

1. Sleeping on my back!!!!
2. Italian cold cut subs - I want one as my first meal post-delivery.
3. White wine, margaritas, a Corona with lime, Guinness on draft...
4. Vanilla lattes (non-decaf)
5. Maternity leave

No comments:

Post a Comment