Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Head still down! Woo hoo!

As you can tell from the title, we are very excited! After the version last week, and turning our tadpole upside down so she's ready to be born, we couldn't help but wonder all week - has she flipped back? Every now and then this past week, I thought she may have flipped. I'd feel a large hard spot in my belly and be convinced she was sideways. And then some doctors at my work (who are ob/gyns themselves) thought that by sight (since I'm still so high) that she had flipped too. While I love all of the docs at work, and highly value their opinions, I wasn't quite ready for them to start feeling up my belly to really tell if she was head down. There is only so far you should go in the workplace :) But sure enough at our doctor's appointment today, we have confirmation by ultrasound - the tadpole is still head down and ready to go. Phew!!!

Of course, this also means that for the time being I don't have to worry about having a C-section. Another phew! We can just wait for her to arrive whenever she wants to arrive, and deliver her the old-fashioned way.

Also at my doc appt, I found out that we're progressing towards labor. Baby steps, but at least at 38.5 weeks, we are progressing. I'm 1 cm dilated and about 70% effaced. While those are great numbers to know, they really can't tell you too much about when we'll actually go into labor, just that we're starting the progression. The doc said it could be anywhere from tomorrow to next week, or later. So at least that's good. My body has at least figured out what to do, even though our baby needed a little help figuring it out :)

So tonight, I continued my 'nesting', and am running the last load of baby clothes and sheets through the wash. Waiting for everything to dry as we speak. I also started to organize decorative items in the nursery and plan where shelves and pictures will go. And my bag is halfway packed for the hospital. I know that we should probably be more ready than we are, but we have the major stuff taken care of. You have to understand - Matt and I are horrible procrastinators - I think that's why I'm convinced the tadpole is going to be late, since we are generally late 90% of the time for everything!

Oh, and I've attached my most recent belly shot - this was at 38 weeks, last weekend. I don't look much different - still high. And as of today, my weight gain is good - 22 pounds. So I'm a little on the small side, but still on track :)

We'll keep you updated with how things go! Next doc appt is on Wednesday - we'll see if we make it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment