Saturday, July 4, 2009

22 weeks - oh my goodness!

Happy July 4th! And happy 22 weeks to our tadpole!

So what's been happening in the last week or so? Well, for one thing, our little girl is moving a lot more these days. She has her more active times, around 10:30am, between 4 and 6pm, and then later at night after 10 (if I'm still awake to feel her!). She's pretty predictable - kind of strange. But the pokes are starting to get a little more forceful. Can't wait until we can feel her on the outside, and then Matt can feel her too. According to one website, our tadpole is weighing just under a pound now and is about eight inches from crown to rump. Though her eyes are still closed, she can perceive light and dark, and amazingly, she can hear my voice, heartbeat, and gurgling stomach. With the way I talk to myself endlessly, and my crazy stomach noises, it must be loud in there!

I'm getting bigger too - I wore my first maternity clothes this week. I finally got tired of holding my regular pants together with rubberbands and safety pins. And... oh my! Are these clothes comfortable! Bring on the elastic waist band! With a growing belly though, my back has started to feel more achy too. I don't know what I'm going to do in a few months when I'm really big! Do they make super-sized back supporters like the guys at Home Depot used to wear?

Had my latest doctors appointment last Tuesday, and everything seems to be going well. It was the first time the doc measured my belly, and it seems to be growing right on track. The baby's heartbeat was still strong at 155bpm, and I'm slowly gaining weight. At the doctor's, I've gained 6 lbs, and by my Wii Fit this morning (my weekly Saturday weigh-in) I've gained 8 lbs. Using the Wii Fit is actually funny - obviously it's a game to get you active and LOSE weight. But the balance board is used as a scale too (and I don't own a real scale). Pre-pregnancy, when it measured my weight and BMI, the little scale bar raised, made a cute chiming noise, and said "Great, that's normal!". Lately, the little bar raises, the game makes a sad chiming noise, and says "Oh, that's overweight!" Then it tries to tell me, since I'm 'overweight' that I should set a goal for a lower BMI. I then throw it for a loop and set my goal to be 2 lbs HEAVIER in the next 2 weeks (a healthy pregnancy weight gain). This game has no idea WHAT is going on! I'm waiting for what it might say when I'm 9 months pregnant and have gained 25 lbs ... something like "Hold up big Fatty Fatterson! You've completely let yourself go - I'm giving up!"

On a final note... now that we know our tadpole is a baby GIRL, our nursery ideas have really been flowing lately. We got some cool ideas for fun wall decals online, and then last night we went to Lowes to buy our tadpole a ceiling fan (nothing says "I love you" like a ceiling fan!), and took a look at some nursery decal/peel-able wallpaper books, and paint samples. We had so much fun! We got some cute ideas, and about 25 paint samples (I'm not kidding!). We're still not sure if we're going to go with a theme or not, but we're narrowing things down. This is such a fun part of getting ready for baby girl!

I must check out for now... gotta get ready for our day. We're going to Matt's cousin's annual 4th of July party at her house on the water in Middle River. We've been going for 5 years now, and it's just a fun time. There's nearly 150 people or more hanging out on her front lawn, relaxing, playing volleyball/horseshoes, and eating pit beef and awesome food to your hearts content. My kind of day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment