Friday, July 17, 2009

Amazing, but a little freaky...

Sorry to be so long in posting – I’ll try to catch you up on some significant happenings this week…

First off – we reached 23 weeks last Saturday, and I can’t believe we’ll be at 24 weeks tomorrow! That’s 6 months!!! Oh my – the time is flying. As of 19 weeks, I started to feel the first bits of movement from our tadpole, and in typical tadpole fashion, they were light little pokes. Well, the tadpole is quickly growing in to a frog :) Those pokes have become A LOT more frequent, a lot more forceful, and I feel her moving all the time. Don’t get me wrong – it’s so cool to know she’s there, and to feel her moving. It’s an amazing experience. But here I was yesterday in a conference with my boss, trying to keep a straight face as an elbow/knee/foot/hand, kept giving me the jabs. There’s a pretty elaborate gymnastics floor or bar routine going on in there! Even last night, I woke up at 2 in the morning, and then couldn’t get back to sleep from all the movement. I guess she hasn’t figured out when bed time is ;)

But the ‘amazing yet freaky’ thing happened this weekend – I SAW her move! I was lying on the couch watching the Harry Potter marathon last Sat night, and out of the corner of my eye, caught the tassle-tie on my shorts move. At first I was like “What the heck?!?”, and then it happened again. For 45 minutes, I just sat there and watched my belly get poked from the inside – left, right, bottom, all over. It was amazing, but I also kept thinking of the 1980s “Alien” movies where the alien bursts out of people’s stomachs. I just can’t believe she’s big enough to make herself known like that! Ever since then I’ve been catching the view from above – watching those arms and legs move around in all kinds of different places. Definitely my amazing pregnancy thing of the week….

Oh, and the Wii Fit update of the week – all totaled I’ve gained 11 pounds! And of course, the sad chime told me again that I was overweight :)

One of our fun things of the week was that last Sunday, Matt and I were invited to a minor league baseball game/crab feast with his work group out at Ripken Stadium. We were excited to go – first since we’ve never been to an IronBirds game at the stadium, but also because it was one of the first times we’ve been back to the stadium since our wedding (we had our reception there). It was really cool to be back – I’ll admit that the place is pretty nostalgic for us. And it was cool to watch a game being played, and realize that in our tuxedo and wedding dress, we got to run around the bases once before too :) It was a fun afternoon, hanging out with friends, eating crabs and watching baseball. A good Maryland kind of day :)

Anyways… must be running off. But I’ll leave you our most recent belly pic and a pic of us at the stadium last weekend. Definitely different than our last photos there ;)

1. 23 weeks #1
2. 23 weeks #2
3. The view from up here... can still see the toes :)
4. Kim and Matt at Ripken Stadium












No comments:

Post a Comment