Monday, November 2, 2009

39 weeks! Almost there...

I can’t believe November is finally here! Ever since we found out we were pregnant in March, we’ve been thinking of November…and it’s here! Oh boy! I’m just happy that we’ve made it this far, and the baby is still doing well. I know that it's selfish, but I was hoping all weekend not to have baby girl's birthday be on Halloween, so we successfully passed that. And more importantly, we just wanted to make it thru this past weekend since Matt's parents were out of town, and we didn't want them to miss the birth :) So, now that it's November, baby girl can come whenever she'd like!

And at 39 weeks, I can honestly say we’re ready :) Baby girl’s room is finished and all the furniture is in, all of her clothes/towels/sheets that she’ll need right away are washed, Mom has her bag packed (see more details later), Dad went out and bought a new spiffy camera (I think he’s channeling his Uncle Jack), both Mom and Dad can’t wait to meet her, and now we’re just waiting for her to decide to meet us. Of course, I’ve found little things to keep me occupied – some last minute shopping, feeling the need to organize her dresser drawers a little better, just one more load of laundry (for baby, Mom and Dad), picking up the house just in case we end up having to leave on a whim, etc. I think that I made my last trip to Target tonight – but don’t quote me on that :). Having Target a mile away is evil…

Last night however at around 2 am, we thought the time might be here! I woke up with some crazy hip and back pain/cramps, couldn’t get comfortable to save my life, and noticed some contractions (not painful but there). I started timing them, and they were every 7-8 min or so, and only lasted like 30-60 seconds. I sat up in bed to be more comfortable, and couldn't get back to sleep since I was watching the clock. Then I also started worrying profusely that mine and Matt's bags weren't packed, so I decided that it was time to REALLY pack my bag for the hospital in case we were to end up going (I'm such a procastinator!), and before contractions started to get closer together. There I was in the middle of the night, running around in the dark, packing clothes, snacks, toiletries, ipod, etc, just in case. I tried to be quiet enough to let Matt sleep in case the real fun was going to begin, but I was probably about as quiet as a tornado. He did wake up a couple times to check on me (and also try and calm me down), but pregnant lady in crazy mode was not about to stop until she was finished. Little did I know, but he told me tonight that he was pretending to sleep in hopes that it would influence me to calm down and just try to rest. Nope, didn’t work ;) I guess everything just distracted me, b/c by the time I was done (and finished eating 2 corn muffins - I was starving!), and had sat for a little while in bed, I only felt one or two more contractions, didn’t feel the back pain anymore, and eventually fell asleep. So I guess it was false labor. But I was thinking for sure that we were on our way :) Oh well... soon enough. At least I got my bag packed :) I was going to go into work, but Matt convinced me to work from home today just in case anything more should happen. Turns out nothing exciting happened all day – so I guess baby girl is still very content with where she is right now.

As for our weekend – we had a nice one. We doggie-sat for Matt’s parents dog Molly, and also had a fun time with our bible study group on Friday night at a pumpkin carving contest party. Our pumpkin didn’t win :(, but I think we did a great job! We had a decent showing of trick-or-treaters on Halloween, and Sunday was a day of relaxing and tying up the last loose ends of being ready for baby. Both Saturday and Sunday night were so nice – Matt and I just hung out on the couch both nights enjoying each others company, and time alone. We won’t have too many more nights of that for a long time ;)


As the week progresses, I’ll try to keep you all updated… if not by blog, maybe by phone, email, facebook or word of mouth that baby girl has arrived!

Oh, and I had to show you too what I couldn't pass up tonight in the dollar section at Target... can't wait to see baby girl in this :)



No comments:

Post a Comment