Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bring on the Tastykakes!

Great news on Friday - I found out that I do not have gestational diabetes! Phew! So very happy - I was really worried about how I would handle things if I did. I know pregnant moms go through it all the time, but I'm just relieved that it's one less thing for me to worry about. The nurse said that my glucose test levels were low, and that there was no need for further testing. So I celebrated when I got home by eating two chocolate Tastykake cupcakes :)

Friday was also my Rhogam shot (since my blood type is A-), hence my trip to the doctor's office. I totally didn't know what to expect. So there I am, sitting in a chair in the nurses area, watching her prepare the shot, and expecting a shot in my upper arm or something. So the nurse looks at me strangely, and I look back like 'okay, I'm ready'. And then she realizes I have no idea. She calmly says, "Oh, honey - this shot is going to be in the butt. You'll have to stand up." What an idiot I am - but how would I have known!?!? I think that's the first time I've ever had a butt shot - and thankfully it wasn't bad at all.

So I was able to pop in to the doctor's office quickly on Friday morning since I was only seeing the nurse. My doctor's practice only schedules Friday morning appointments, and this is the day of the week typically reserved for appointments for newly pregnant couples. I got all excited and a little nostalgic when I walked into the waiting room and saw a couple there waiting for their appointment. They were so cute, and I remember when Matt and I were sitting in the same spot about 20 weeks ago - so nervous, and not knowing what to expect. It seems forever and a day ago. I so wanted to talk to them, and wish them luck, but I chickened out. What if they were there for another reason? Then I would have left the office with a shot in my butt, and a foot in my mouth. Oh well, I guess it wouldn't have been the first time...

No comments:

Post a Comment