Monday, August 24, 2009

A wonderful shower!

THANK YOU to my mom and my sister for throwing me a wonderful baby shower last Saturday afternoon! I had a great time, and I really felt so special to have so many ladies, both friends and family, there to help welcome our tadpole with gifts and good wishes. It makes me so happy when there are so many people just as excited as we are for our little girl to arrive!

My sister Kristin, brother-in-law Eric and niece Kaelyn were able to drive up from Georgia to be here, and it was so good to see them. It's tough that they live so far away - I really wish that we could see them more. On Saturday morning, I drove up early to spend some time with my mom, Kristin and Kaelyn (my dad, Eric, Matt and Matt's dad spent a guys-day-out together playing golf and hanging out with each other, minus the girls). Kaelyn is growing up so fast (she's almost 8 months old now!), and she was very excited to see her Aunt Kim! I think it was more that I was a new face that she could show off in front of, than her really recognizing me, but I'll take whatever I can get :) I was hoping to be able to take her for a walk, but nap time was a definite priority! We did manage to play and have fun though. My shower was in the afternoon, and there were likely 15-20 people who came to celebrate with us! It was wonderful! And the tadpole received some wonderful gifts - lots of cute new clothes, a swing, a pack and play, toys, play things. She's a lucky kid! Everyone was so very generous - thank you to you all! Matt and I really appreciate it!

I have to say though, that I played the most interesting shower game to date on Saturday. We played 'guess the baby food flavor'. Oh my goodness, was it a riot! It was the first time many of us had ever tasted baby food - and now we all understand why babies spit up baby food instead of eating it. A couple of the flavors were quite nasty, and completely undescribable. I think we collectively agreed that the 'chicken noodle' and the 'vegetable stew' were the most horrendous. But it certainly got alot of laughs! I just enjoyed looking around at all of the taste-testers, and seeing everyone's face when they tried each flavor :) We really needed video for that!

So, thank you to all of you who joined us on Saturday, and for braving the crazy weather! And to those who couldn't make it - we missed you!

1. All the ladies at the shower
2. A sampling of our tadpole's gifts!
3. The yummy cake!
4. My cousin Laura and her new baby Emma, me, my sister Kristin and my niece Kaelyn. (why didn't someone tell me that this was the least attractive position for me to sit in!)
5. My niece Kaelyn and her daddy

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good time at your shower. It was so good to see you! You look super cute with your growing belly :)
    Kaelyn couldn't keep her eyes off of you. She loves her Aunt Kim!

    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol Ann Bland & Tom BlandSeptember 1, 2009 at 2:37 AM

    I didn't think it was your least attractive position for you to be sitting. Your preggy glow showed just how happy and excited you are about your lil tadpole. You look good and healthy and proud to be pregnant! Your cake was BEAUTIFUL and I bet it tasted good, also. So enjoy, everyday, watching your ever growing belly. That was one thing that I truly missed, don't ask why, but I really did even though I had my bundle of joy to take its place (still missed it). Enjoy your days, like you have been and BEST WISHES to you both! The little tadpoles grow way to fast, so make lots of memories, now & everyday!!
    Luvs & Hugs
    Cabby & Mr. Tom

    ReplyDelete