Tuesday, November 10, 2009

40 weeks, 3 days and counting...

Baby girl is officially overdue! Our due date was last Saturday Nov 7th, so Matt and I have been waiting patiently every day since... is today the day? And nope...it hasn't been. So we're literally taking it day by day, and hour by hour, waiting for those first real contractions to begin...

Sorry for the lack of an update since Friday. We actually have been without our home computer since Sunday. Long story short, we got a pretty serious virus that has now wiped out our computer. Luckily we were able to recover our photos and important files to our external hard drive in time, but we've now had to buy a new computer a little sooner than what we had thought. I'm so glad that Matt is so educated on computers - a new computer has been on our radar the past few months, so he knew exactly what we needed for our next one, and we were able to order another one from Dell that will hopefully be here in a few weeks. Right now, we're working off of our work laptops, which are a little less convenient to get online with, but at least functional. It's surprising how dependent we are to the internet! Not being able to just run to the computer room and check our email quickly has been hard to deal with!

Anywho - we just wanted to let you all know that we aren't parents quite yet. You could say that she's still 'marinating' :) Matt and I spent our due date taking long walks around Costco, Target and White Marsh Mall, but to no avail. I officially started maternity leave on Monday, hoping it would jinx her into coming, but that didn't work either. So I've been running errands and keeping on my feet the past 2 days in order to get her moving. It's actually been nice to have the time off too :) Sick leave without actually being sick is great! Anyhow, my latest trick today was to eat spicy Chinese food for lunch, so maybe that will jumpstart things too. Who knows. We've gotten so many ideas of 'tricks to try' to induce labor - my least favorite of which is drinking castor oil (sorry Alyssa!) - so I may actually be trying a few at once very soon. I have my next doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon (wednesday), and if we haven't gone to the hospital by then, at least we'll get an idea of how we're progressing. If we're not progressing, I guess we will have some discussions about being induced. I don't think my doctor wants me to go much longer than a week late, so we'll see what happens. I kind of hope that the baby is able to decide on her own when she'd like to make her debut, but if she needs a little help to keep her healthy... that's good enough for me! We're just praying that she comes out healthy - no matter how she comes out!

We'll keep you updated... again - not too much longer now!

No comments:

Post a Comment