Saturday, November 14, 2009

41 weeks...

One week overdue - sheesh!
Last Wednesday, we had a doctor's appt, and so far, no further progress had been made. I was still 1.5cm dilated, and 70% effaced - and have been that way for 2 weeks. So my doctor and I talked about being induced. She suggested that she doesn't want us to go much past 41 weeks due to the increase in potential complications, so she scheduled us for some fetal monitoring at the hospital on Saturday (today) just to make sure that the baby is still doing okay, and that the amniotic fluid levels are still good, and also scheduled us for an induction on Monday night if the baby doesn't decide to come before then.

So, just wanted to give you an update that we are heading to the hospital this morning for the fetal monitoring, and hopefully will get a good report. Actually, I'm hoping that they decide to keep us and that I'm in labor and don't quite know it :) Wishful thinking???? I don't know. I was having contractions most of last night from 8p until 2am, but it was no more than 6-8 min apart. Matt and I were walking around Target last night to help move the baby along, and having contractions the whole time. We kidded that it would be funny if my water broke in Target - but honestly I wouldn't have minded :) In the toy section, we found a magic 8 ball, and asked our questions. I asked "Am I really in labor, but just not know it yet?" The answer was "Without a doubt". Great!!! Matt asked a similar question about whether we were going to have the baby before Monday, and the 8 ball said "All directions point to yes". Double great!! So if we trust the magic 8 ball, we're set :) However, after a pretty sleepless night, I'm not really having contractions today, so we'll just have to see. But maybe....

No comments:

Post a Comment