Friday, November 6, 2009

Still cookin'...

I don't think that I've been a more popular person ever than what I've been this week! So many emails, phone calls and facebook posts from friends and family who are on the edge of their seats... is it time? I haven't heard from you in a while - are you in labor? Is there a baby yet?

Then, to their dismay, when I actually answer the phone, reply to their email, or answer the facebook post, they realize - no baby yet. And I'm realizing that I have to be pretty fast in replying... two friends of mine were thinking yesterday was the day when I didn't reply to their emails as quickly (or at all) like I normally do. I wholeheartedly apologize to both of you... believe me, you'll be some of the first to know when we get in the car and are driving to the hospital :) Our families actually have a contest going on too with guesses as to when the baby will arrive. Everyday I have to break the bad news that those who picked that day didn't win the contest. Honestly, you'd think that we were giving away a cruise, or a toys r us shopping spree to the winner with how competitive the adults AND kids are!

So, as of 9am on Fri Nov 6th - there is no baby yet. No contractions going on either. Just status quo. Baby girl is quite content where she is, and has made no indication that she wants to leave what must be some really nice digs in my belly. Now that she's head down too, it's probably like a whole new universe to explore. What's that new thing that I can poke at? Hmmm...haven't seen things from this angle before! As a result, she's become quite fond of my bladder in recent days -her head butts or little punches aren't so pleasant, and send Mommy to the bathroom once an hour sometimes. It was a fun night of driving home from work on Tuesday night, when in the span of an hour on I-95, I had to stop first at a Quality Inn, and then at a travel plaza McDonald's to use the bathroom. And it wasn't the casual stroll on in to either place - it was a sprinting bee-line in to both facilities with barely a chance to lock the car. I was honestly driving thru the Ft McHenry tunnel praying that I wouldn't pee myself. What a show!

But all in all - Matt and I are just as anxious as you all are to meet this little one, and know that she's on her way! Yesterday, I just sat in her nursery for a while, rocking in the glider, thinking that this wasn't just a baby-decorated guest room anymore - it was going to actually be someone's 'room' in a few days, and that she'd be sitting with me in the rocker too, or sleeping in her crib, and actually wearing the clothes that are in her closet. It's so amazing - life is literally going to do a complete 180 for us. It's hard to process all of the emotions that that entails - excitement, anxiety, happiness, fear, excitement for the future, longing for the past. And LOVE. We haven't met her yet, but our hearts are going to automatically make a huge place for her, and be able to contain all the love we have for her. Oh my, I have to stop - I'm tearing up.

So, I think that we will officially make the 40 week mark tomorrow. But we will certainly find a way to let you all know when we do go into labor, or when our little miracle has arrived. It shouldn't be much longer now...

No comments:

Post a Comment